Tuesday, February 7, 2012

Rock-A-Bye Back Pain

In this short video, I discuss using an exercise ball to begin strengthening your core and reduce back pain. Doing home exercises as recommended by your chiropractor will actually help save you time and money in the long run.



The links below show what size is needed based on your height. I would recommend a "burst resistant" ball just in case it does get punctured. It won't stop all punctures, but it will slowly deflate instead of instantly dumping you on the floor.
Burst Resistant Body Ball


Valeo Body Ball 55cm 5 Feet 0 Inches - 5 Feet 3 Inches (Burst Resistant)

Valeo Burst Resistant 65cm Body Ball (Green)

Valeo Body Ball 75cm 6 Feet 1 Inches - 6 Feet 8 Inches (Burst Resistant)




As always, consult with your health care provider before beginning this or any other exercise program. If you have any questions or comments feel free to call the office at (434) 845-9000 or just leave a comment below.

3 comments:

  1. You should do something with a Bosu ball too. I love mine, although my consistency using it is lacking.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks David. I would have to borrow yours. I don't have one at home and I haven't used one before. Maybe I could use a co-host for that shoot :)

      Delete
    2. I can definitely let you try it out - I'll bet you'll want to buy one immediately.

      Delete