Tuesday, March 13, 2012

First Day With The BOSU®

I didn't want to do anything too crazy with using the BOSU® ball for the first time in a workout today, so I just added it to a few exercises in my circuit. I picked 6 exercises and did each one for 1 minute with a 20 second break between exercises. I repeated the circuit 3 times. I rested 1 minute between each circuit.

I of course started with a 5 minute warm-up doing some light cardio and dynamic stretching. Just in case you can't read my wonderful handwriting, here are the exercises I did in the circuit:


  1. Jumping side steps on the BOSU® ball (don't know what else to call them).
  2. Dumbbell cleans to a shoulder press.
  3. Jump-squats holding weights.
  4. Trunk twists holding a dumbbell at chest level.
  5. Push-ups on the BOSU® ball.
  6. Pike crunches on the BOSU® ball.
Following the circuit, I did 5 minutes of jumping rope. To wrap up the workout I did about 10 minutes of static stretching. Save the static stretching for the end of your workout because the muscles and other soft-tissues will be warm and more pliable.

All-in-all it was a pretty good workout and it took less than 45 minutes! I'm thinking I will have to invest in my own BOSU®.

As always, consult with a healthcare professional before beginning any exercise program. If you have links to examples of your favorite BOSU® exercises, feel free to comment below.

No comments:

Post a Comment