Monday, March 12, 2012

2 Critical Reasons To Do Something New!!!

If you have been keeping up with my posts lately, you have seen me demonstrate and talk about a variety of different exercises using low cost equipment at home. I feel that variety in exercise is critical for two main reasons:
  1. Variety helps reduce the risk of overuse injuries. Let's face facts, if you do the same thing over and over again, stressing the same parts in the same way, something is likely going to wear out.
  2. Variety prevents boredom. This is probably the most important of the two reasons. When boredom sets in, you aren't very likely to keep coming back to that activity on a daily basis. That's just too much repetitive stress on the brain. Before you know it, you won't be exercising at all!
Well, this time it is my turn to add something new to my workouts. Thanks to my friend and fellow blogger David (runningbecauseican.com), I get to try a BOSU® balance trainer. These aren't quite as inexpensive as some of the other products I have talked about, but David swears I will run out and buy my own, after I try his for a little bit.

We are talking about doing some videos with the BOSU® ball, but from what I can tell so far, I'm not sure if they will be labeled "Instructional" or "Comedy."

I'm definitely looking forward to giving this thing a try. If you have used this equipment please share your experience by commenting below. Or, if you have a favorite exercise you do on the BOSU® ball let me know.

2 comments:

  1. I want to see a video of this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uOXEXfeY3M4

    Also, check out this Bosu channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/mybosu?feature=watch

    ReplyDelete