Sunday, November 6, 2011

Cleanse/Detox Diet - Day 3

My week long series of posts about my current cleanse/detox diet continues!

Day 3


Really didn't sleep well again last night. Woke up at 3:00 am thinking it was time to start the day, but I finally convinced myself to go back to sleep for a while. When I did get up, I was pleasantly surprised by number on the scale. I also retook the initial measurements and saw some slight differences. Oddly, my energy level seemed high even though I didn't sleep well...maybe because I am going to bed earlier. It's Saturday, so I am a bit worried about the temptations to snack on stuff I shouldn't because I will be home all day.

Again, I followed the protocol for capsules, cleanse, shake and small snacks throughout the entire day.

After fixing my kids breakfast, I had a good 40 minutes core/cardio workout and buckets of sweat were coming off me. Hey wait, this is 3 straight days without any coffee and no massive caffeine withdrawal headache this morning. I am wondering though if the energy level will plummet like it did yesterday.

I mowed the yard/leaves and still felt good. Then I finished the last few sections of my deck that needed stained and still felt good. Actually, got the kid's swing set/fort stained as well. I would have to say this was a dramatic improvement over yesterday...thank goodness!

It was more chicken and veggies for dinner. Really enjoyed the spinach salad with cucumbers, mushrooms, red peppers and just a little red wine vinegar. Got the kids to bed and then started watching the LSU vs. Alabama game. Likely, won't make it until the end.

TO BE CONTINUED...

Image: winnond / FreeDigitalPhotos.net

2 comments:

  1. The lack of caffeine withdrawals is interesting. Having worked at a newspaper for many years and seeing a lot of caffeine addicts try to quit coffee or soft drinks has been amusing. Looking forward to how your work week begins.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There has been some withdrawal headache but not like I've had during previous attempts at giving up caffeine.

    ReplyDelete