Thursday, February 3, 2011

Chiropractic Wall of Fame

Ok...Admittedly it has been a long time since I have done a blog post! I guess reading some inspiring blogs from other chiropractors and other bloggers I know that are striving to live a healthier lifestyle, I started thinking more about it. So, tonight when I was leaving the office, I glanced over at our recently implemented "Wall of Fame" and the motivation hit me. The "Wall of Fame" displays patient success stories with chiropractic care. Enough about that...now back to the topic at hand.

When I looked at the "Wall of Fame" I started thinking about why are those stories up there and what do these people have in common? All  of these people entered our office with varying complaints such as chronic back pain, headaches, postural strains, auto injuries, etc. They all have had wonderful results with chiropractic, but why are their results so good and sometimes people have very limited results. As I look back on those cases, some things certainly stand out.

As a chiropractor, I have a job to do. That job is to find out what is causing the problem and figure out what I can do to assist in restoring a persons health, but it doesn't end there. The patient has a job to do as well. Sorry if that disappoints you, but YOU have to work at restoring your own health. I can lay out a plan, I can adjust your spine to reduce nerve stress and give you advice and home care instructions but you have to do your part.

The patients that have had the greatest improvement in health rarely, if ever, cancel or reschedule appointments. They make dietary changes when recommended. They avoid repetitive stresses, such as sitting at their desk all day without taking a break. They do their home exercises (and yes, we can tell when you have been doing those). In short...THEY STICK TO THE GAME PLAN!!!

If you have been living in pain and poor health, I want to help you, but you are going to have to put in some work too. With teamwork, before you know it, you could land yourself on our Chiropractic "Wall of Fame"!

1 comment: